>> Who: Gregory Green
Wife: Ismoyo Green, Ismoyo's Playground
>> When I met Ismoyo... We met in 2000 in a bar in beautiful Amsterdam.
i love god and music / allergic to 'clicks' / love cultures / am shy by nature / believe innocence is maybe the most beautiful thing in the world
1. What would you say are the three most important things that you do to support Issey in her creative endeavors?
1. I make/buy her coffee: either hazelnut, vanilla or dunkin donuts ice coffee, an essential part in keeping her creative juices flowing.
2. Let her buy whatever she needs and wants, even though its not up to me to do so (she is so much better with money than i am), but she asks me for some reason, so i say cool, get it..
3. hugs hugs hugs
2. Living with someone who works long and irregular hours can be tough... from missed dinners to not being able to do simple things like relaxing and watching your favorite shows together as often as you'd like... How do you stop the craziness from impacting your relationship?
You don't stop the craziness. Creative craziness in my opinion is one key part of the game and keeping in mind mutual respect for each other's passions and the space it needs, is another.
3. Your house/apartment doubles as Issey's workshop. Could you give us a sense of what it's like living with a maker/crafter/designer (what does she call herself?)? Please describe what typically happens once you come home from work [apartment door opens]...
I walk in and there she is in the middle of the room with all types of papers and crafty things around her. When she's working on a book there are usually pictures of cutesies on the wall and a head full of stories about the wonderful world of craft fairs and crafty friends and cute things on the web that she wants me to know about.. that's how i know about you
4. What was the strangest thing you've done to support Issey in what she does?
Bring her to the U.S. :)
5. What is the easiest and hardest thing about being Issey's other half?
Easiest: To hold her and tell her everything's gonna be alright. Cause i have all the faith in the world she will. If you know her sincerity and professional way of doing business you would too, i guess you already do.. considering this interview
Hardest: Her stubbornness. Even though that is not necessarily a bad thing, i think it's a big part of what makes her so successful
6. What's your favorite Ismoyo product or project that she's been involved in?
All of em..really i have no favorites..everything she creates has that quality that i love in her.
Tuesday, June 30, 2009
>> Who: Gregory Green